February 23, 2020
- What is keyword cannibalization? May 20, 2020If you optimize your articles for similar terms, your rankings might suffer from keyword cannibalization: you’ll be ‘devouring’ your own chances to rank in Google! Especially when your site is growing, chances are your content will start competing with itself. Here, I’ll explain why keyword cannibalism can be detrimental to SEO, how you can recognize […]
- Optimize for rich results with the Rich Results Testing Tool May 19, 2020Google has loads of interesting free tools, but two important ones for helping you improve your site are Search Console and the Rich Results Testing Tool. Search Console helps you get a general feel for how your site is doing in the SERPs, plus to keep an eye on any errors to fix and improvements […]
- 3 SEO quick wins to implement right now May 18, 2020We all want to increase our sales, lift engagement, and get the best possible result out of our website. That’s why it only seems right to give you a three-step rocket of SEO quick wins to kick-start your website. In this post, I will show you three things you can do right now to improve […]
- Ultimate guide to small business SEO May 14, 2020This ultimate guide covers small business SEO. Want your site to rank high in the local search results? Read all about it here! The post Ultimate guide to small business SEO appeared first on Yoast.
- Yoast SEO 14.1 adds French word forms in beta May 13, 2020Yoast SEO uses sophisticated language analysis tools to help you optimize your texts. Most checks work for any language, but our Premium analysis relies on word recognition functionality, which we develop custom for every language. It takes a lot of time to get this perfect for every language out there. Starting with French in Yoast […]
- Reach the right audience by finding your shop’s niche May 12, 2020When you’ve determined your shop’s mission, you should focus on finding the right niche for your business. Merriam Webster defines a niche as “the situation in which a business’s products or services can succeed by being sold to a particular kind or group of people”. If you find your niche, you’ll be able to optimize your […]
- SEO copywriting and writing for sales May 11, 2020Writing is hard. Writing for search engines is even harder. What about writing for the search engines and writing for sales simultaneously? Is that even doable? Because, in the end, you want to write copy that ranks in the search engines AND convinces people to buy your stuff, contact you, subscribe to your newsletter or […]
- Complete beginner’s guide to SEO May 8, 2020The first step in every content SEO strategy should be executing keyword research. In this ultimate guide we'll teach you how to do that. The post Complete beginner’s guide to SEO appeared first on Yoast.
- Why we love WordPress: User-friendliness May 7, 2020At Yoast we love WordPress for multiple reasons. That’s why we decided to make a series of articles about the reasons we love WordPress, starting with an important one: user-friendliness. I’ve tried my share of closed and open-source content management systems. From simple text file based systems 20 years ago to in-house developed closed source […]
- What is a progressive web app (PWA)? Why would you want one? May 6, 2020It’s been years since the beginning of the age of the smartphone. With it came the era of native apps. Apps continue to play a massive role in our daily life, and many business owners have asked themselves multiple times: should we have an app? Of course, the only answer to that is — it […]